[TriLUG] Need recommendation on very lightweight web server

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 15:15:24 EST 2005

> Let me start by saying I have only used Apache on *nix boxen.

Ditto.

> Out of curiosity what is it about apache that you don't like?

Nothing.  In fact, I use apache for every important web server I work
on.  I know it and love it.  That being said...

I need some small web server to run on a specific non-80 port.  Some
of the boxen have other web services working, and I don't want to
interfere with those.  Also, the app needs to be as dependency-free as
possible.  As simple as possible.

I've just found this http://www.pault.com/pault/phttpd/ .  It may be
what I am looking for.

MPF