[TriLUG] Vinyl to CDR

Marc M linuxr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 17:04:15 EST 2005

Cool.  Thanks Scott for posting this.  Hey, it might be cool to cross
post this on another list or two and see if there are others who have
done this with linux apps, specifically.  That is, the conversion of
lp's to digital format done exclusively with Linux.

As for my statement, I had a physicist friend in Atlanta, who had also
done this, and that was his thing, that you were 'spinning' at a
certain rpm of the turntable, and that the 'speed' of the recording
software needed to be taken into account.
Don't know how, when or if it is really an issue; just 'thinking out
loud' really.  :)

So it is possible that a digital copy of the same tune might be a tad
longer or shorter than the analog/mechanical record since it is being
reproduced in a radically differrent way.  Made sense to me, like I
said I haven't done this yet.   I am highly  interested though, since
I also have a bunch of lp's I have thought of converting.  Maybe by
now there is some great app (?) that can do ALL of this in a
Linux-only environment.

Cheers
Marc