[TriLUG] trilug mail server -- imap question (solved)

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 13:25:42 EST 2005

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 11:08:37 -0500, Wing D Lizard
<wingedlizard at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> yes it was checked
>
> for reference, here are my current 'advanced account settings':
>
>  checked  'show only subscribed folders'

On either the old or new TriLUG servers, this flag is not needed at all
because they are both closed box systems.  I.e. instead of the mail
being held in your home directory where you might copy other files
into that directory, the only access to the TriLUG imap server is through
IMAP so there should never be a folder in there that you don't want to see.

>  unchecked 'Server supports folders that contain sub-folders and messages'
>  checked 'Use Idle command if the server supports it'
>   --
>  5 'max number of connections to cache'
>  --
>  < default 'personal namespaces', 'public', and 'other uses' settings>

I assume these are blank?  They should be currently.  For the new
server, though, I believe that the personal namespace will be "INBOX.",
but if you've got the next check box checked it should Do The Right
Thing (tm).

>  checked  'Allow server to override these name spaces'

Cheers,
Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace