[TriLUG] Image contact sheet software

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 10:25:58 EST 2005

I've got several directories which contain mostly images (jpegs mostly
some gifs etc.)

I'm looking for a linux app which can get me printable "contact
sheets" of the images in these directories.  What I've been able to
find seems to be things which generate html photo galleries and most
of which also seem to assume that the directory/directory tree ONLY
contains images, often jpegs because they are targetted at cataloguing
photos from a digital camcorder.  One I tried seemed to want to change
permissions on the photos and directories rather than complaining and
exitting, so I gave up on that one.

Any pointers to a lightweight app which can do what I'm looking for?