[TriLUG] Image contact sheet software

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Thu Feb 10 06:56:22 EST 2005

On Thursday 10 February 2005 04:11 pm, Charles Fischer wrote:
> I wrote a program that would look in a directory for image files (TIFF,
> JPEG, PNG and BMP, not GIF) and build a BMP output thumbnail image
> file.  It also output a text file with the image file names and some other
> information.  The program uses some proprietary libraries, so I could only
> send an executable version.  I am working on getting rid of the proprietary
> libraries, but it will be the end of summer before I have that done.

I believe that I did something similar once with Python and PIL (the Python
Imaging Library).  I don't have a copy handy, and I don't know exactly what
the desired output is here (contact sheet -> what format, size, etc.?).  I
don't think that it would be hard to reproduce (say 20 minutes) if you're
interested.

---Tom