[TriLUG] OT looking for Gimp book recommendation

Joseph Mack mack.joseph at epa.gov
Fri Feb 11 09:47:42 EST 2005

Having purchased a digital camera, I realise I need gimp.
So far I've only used gimp to convert Cannon raw format
to jpg using a plugin I downloaded. I'd like to do color
balance, merging frames, and compressing/expanding
exposure (at least).

The gimp books at

http://www.gimp.org/books/

are from 2001 or earlier and are older than gimp_v2.x. Is this a problem?

"Grokking the GIMP" says its for advanced users. While
I may become one eventually, at this stage I'm more intested
in getting the basics down.

Thanks Joe
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb at epa.gov