[TriLUG] SCSI Devices in "RedHat-like" environments

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Sun Feb 13 22:36:11 EST 2005

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 11:38:41PM -0500, Scott Chilcote wrote:
> Brian,
>
> I can confirm that in general, the support for SCSI under Redhat is
> good.  I have two RH9 systems with different SCSI controllers and both
> are fully functional for tape drives, disks, scanner, and CD-RW.
>
> It seems contradictory that dmesg reported recognizing the tape drive
> and assigning it to a device, yet you have no /proc/scsi/scsi file.

Thank you, Scott, and all.

It turned out that I needed to re-compile again.  I discovered that I
had, after reading documentation, chosen three candidates as the drivers
for my SCSI card. Two of them I set to "Yes", one I set to "Module".
Guess which one was the correct one?

Everything is good now!

Brian