[TriLUG] Fedora 3: atrpms problems

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Tue Feb 15 01:18:24 EST 2005

On 02-13-2005 12:40 EST, Scott Miller wrote:
> $ oowriter
> /usr/lib/ooo-1.1/program/soffice.bin: error while loading shared
> libraries: libhowl-0.9.6.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory
>
>   I'm trying Fedora 3-64bit and have atrpms as a source. All has
> seemed fine, but not openoffice will not start, complaining of
> this missing libhowl. I'm wondering if the atrpms are the problem.
>   Anyone else have problems with ATrpms?
>
> Scott at ECU

I don't know the equivalent for RPM packages, but for PKG tools and
Debian packages, there is a utility to list the files installed and
affected by a package.

I would list the files for the OpenOffice packages, and for the other
ATrpms packages, and see if there is an intersection.  This would at
least answer your question whether the installation of any ATrpms
overlapped any of the OpenOffice files.

Note, I found this regarding problems with the ATrpms repository.
Maybe there is a general dependency problem?

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-April/msg04503.html

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA