[TriLUG] Syncing Zaurus with Linux

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Tue Feb 15 20:55:34 EST 2005

Ok I think this is how you do it (I'll double check when I get back to
work tomorrow, that's where I have it still setup).

First add these lines to your /etc/modules.conf file:
alias CDCEther off
alias acm off
alias usb0 usbnet

Next create a file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-usb0 with:
BOOTPROTO=static
BROADCAST=192.168.129.255
IPADDR=192.168.129.1
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=192.168.129.0
DEVICE=usb0

(Double check these with the setting in your zaurus, I believe those
should work with the zaurus defaults)

That should bring up your network connection when you plug in your
Zaurus and power it up.  I'll double check when I get to work tomorrow
post corrections if needed.

Cheers,
David

--