[TriLUG] OT looking for Gimp book recommendation

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Feb 16 12:32:49 EST 2005

On Wednesday 16 February 2005 10:10 am, William Sutton wrote:

> Yes, I realize there are a lot of Gentoo {zeal|idi]ots out there who will
> spout off about the sole purpose of gentoo being a personally compiled
> system, ad nauseum, ad infinitum.  I'm not one of them.
>
> William

Hi William,

Could you please elaborate on the benefits of Gentoo besides the fact that you
build it yourself? Reason I ask is a GoLUGger I know swears by Gentoo, and
like you, I don't think self-building is at the top of his priority list.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Founder and acting president: GoLUG
http://www.golug.org