[TriLUG] Blogging app

Mike Fieschko mike.fieschko at devmike.com
Thu Feb 17 13:44:48 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:58:11 -0500
"H. Crissman" <hcrissman at secure-mind.net> wrote:

> What are the most popular blogging apps out there right now? Is
> there one that is more popular than any other? What has been your
> experience  w/ this app?

Powering one blog with nanoblogger, which is a bash script.  I create
new entries with vi.  I could use emacs, but why? There isn't much else
running on the server, so when I publish and rebuild the pages and cpu
goes to 100%, I don't worry about niceing it.  GPL.

http://nanoblogger.sourceforge.net/

Another with Pivot; PHP, no database.  It has a bulit-in editor.   I
don't like the editor.  GPL.  Has a much more active community.

http://www.pivotlog.net/?ver=Pivot+-+1.22%3A+%27Arcee%27

http://devmike.com/blog/index.html is the nanoblogger blog.

http://inillotempore.com/ is the Pivot blog.

Both blogs and other stuff are on a user-mode Linux virtual private
server at linode.com.

Mike Fieschko
Raleigh, NC