[TriLUG] Blogging app

mutterc at nc.rr.com mutterc at nc.rr.com
Thu Feb 17 17:34:35 EST 2005

[snip]
On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 12:54:37PM -0500, Mike Johnson wrote:
> I've never understood why so many blog applications use database
> backends.  Seems kinda silly to fire up an instance of MySQL or similar
> to power a diary.

You could always write entries by hand, using your text editor of
choice (I like Visual SlickEdit, as it lives up to its name - it's
visual, it's slick, and it's an editor). I'm not sure if this
method counts as an "application" or not.

The drawback will be: you'll find yourself putting "<p>" in
plain-text documents, after a while.

Corey