[TriLUG] Linux and the Centers for Disease Control?

Jonathan Mills jonmills at email.unc.edu
Sat Feb 19 16:40:27 EST 2005

This can't be a bug, but it's certainly unexpected.  I have a Logitech
wireless mouse, part of the LX700 Cordless Desktop series.  Under the
thumb area, there's two small buttons.  In Fedora Core 3, with Firefox
1.0, when I click the right button (which I suppose corresponds to
'Forward' on an MS Intellimouse Explorer mouse), it always takes me to
the website for the CDC, http://www.cdc.gov, the Centers for Disease
Control.  I'm like, "Huh?"  This isn't my homepage.  I've never been
there.  I've deleted my browser cache, history, you name it.  It's like,
somewhere in there, it's programmed to go to cdc.gov.