[TriLUG] Earthlink Tech Support

Brian Henning lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Mon Feb 21 21:25:42 EST 2005

Killing two birds with one stone:

>  I'm going to go on a crusade now to tell
>  everyone to not use Mcafee's products.

McAfee also has the stupidest update mechanism I've ever seen, as far as AV
software goes.  "Sign in to this website, download and execute this file,
because we can't be bothered to write an update agent for our software,
unlike pretty much every other vendor out there."

> > For anyone wondering what the quality of Earthlink's tech support is, or
> > anyone just looking for a joke, here's a rather hilarious exchange I had
> > today with Earthlink's tech support chat system.

Dude..  I read that entire thing..  and that sounds amazingly like a bot.  A
fairly well-spoken bot, but a bot nonetheless..  It ignores the real context
of what you say just enough to come across as a machine..  I mean, I have
had conversations of similar (if not better!) intelligence with
SmarterChild...

~B