[TriLUG] order of operations (sort of) for sendmail

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Tue Feb 22 06:46:14 EST 2005

Jeff Groves wrote:

> Another choice is to use the /etc/mail/access file ...

Good call!  :)  Goes to show that I don't use sendmail any more.  Jeff's
solution neatly avoids the spam-scanning problem I mentioned with using
/etc/aliases.

> and the restart sendmail (I think it's necessary to restart it).

Shouldn't need to restart sendmail when changing db files, as the reason
for them being hash databases is so that they can be read quickly on the
fly.  :)

Aaron S. Joyner