[TriLUG] OT: password generation

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Wed Feb 23 19:20:40 EST 2005

On Wed, February 23, 2005 5:22 pm, Warren Myers said:
> Howdy:
>
> I have been interested in cryptography for a long time, and know, as
> I'm sure most of you do, that passwords tend to be the weak point of a
> system.
>
> I recently wrote a password generator (available on my website
> http://warrenmyers.com/pwd.php or in slightly different form
> http://warrenmyers.com/stuff/pwd.zip, linux binary compressed) and am
> wondering if any of you have come across other random password
> generators, and what your experience in general of securing your
> passwords and accounts has been.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Warren
> --
> http://warrenmyers.com
> "Don't let the elephants see what the rabbits are doing." --Ben R Rich

The password generator I am most familiar with is:
http://www.adel.nursat.kz/apg/

I have used it several times.  Although I can't say whether I have any
hard data as to whether it works better than any other though.

Also related but not necessarily the same, Firefox now has a password
generator extentsion.

Matt Pusateri