[TriLUG] Samba Permissions Question

Randall Barlow rpbarlow at eos.ncsu.edu
Wed Feb 23 16:56:22 EST 2005

Hi All,

    I'm kind of new to the whole Samba thing.  I've got a folder share
working.  The problem I'm having is that when I write to my shared
folder from another machine via the share, the owner of the written
folder becomes root, instead of me.  So whenever I'm using the computer
locally I can't access any of the files or folders that have been
written to since the last time I used the machine, and I have to chown
to get the permissions back.  Any ideas on how to get Samba to give me
permission every time it writes anything?  Thanks!

Randy Barlow