[TriLUG] What Device is my Sound Card?

Ed Anderson eanderson at providencesoftware.com
Thu Feb 24 16:26:36 EST 2005

It should be /dev/dsp.
Often problems with distortion come when the PCM channel is too high.
Try setting your PCM volume at 50%, and use your Master volume mixer to
change the volume.
If the level on come channels won't change at all, that's another
problem, that I'm not sure how to fix.  My favorite mixer program that
you may want to try is Aumix, if yours is giving you trouble.

Good luck

Ed Anderson
Providence Software Solutions, Inc.