[TriLUG] Linux audio CD Copy [need for soundcard when ripping?]

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Fri Feb 25 10:23:44 EST 2005

Unless you have some sort of sound hardware with hardware-based MP3
[en|de]coding (does that even exist?  seems pointless with today's
advances in CPU power), having a sound card in the machine would be
frivolous unless you could really think of a need to output the sound at
the server rather than from a remote workstation.  (Ignoring any other
desires for sound output, like system sounds or Festival or other fun
stuff).

Cheers,
~Brian