[TriLUG] CR/LF

Mark Freeze mfreeze at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 15:33:02 EST 2005

I know that VB.net has a component called 'FileSystemWatcher' that
watches a directory for changes and allows you to take actions based
on that event.  Is there anything like this in Linux or would you have
to script it out for a certain directory and have cron run it over and
over?  Also, if you used a script with cron, how would you make sure
that the file had fully downloaded to your site?  I know one time I
pulled a file from my ftp server that was in the middle of
downloading.