[TriLUG] Sat. Installfest

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Mon Feb 28 13:15:27 EST 2005

We didn't have much of a turn-out.  Only 2 people from TriLUG showed
up.  Note: all of the non-TriLUGgers were successful in getting their
machines installed -- mostly Debian via network install.  My cousin
and I had problems with hardware (not enough RAM, bad harddisks, etc)
so we couldn't get ours to work.

The Knoppix media I brought went over pretty well.  I also brought a
couple of other distributions, but only one other taker on the Xandros
Open Circulation Edition.  I have some extra media I'll bring to the
next TriLUG meeting.

If you have some requests as to a copy of one of the following, let me
know so I can try to burn enough for the meeting:

Xandros Desktop 3.0 Open Circulation Edition (2 discs)
   - This is designed for those who are MS-Windows familiar and want a
     familiar environment when running Linux.  KDE desktop and some
     commands and directories changed to be more MS-Windows like.
     Great for family members or coworkers who don't know much about
     computers or Linux.

   - I created my own copy of the same packages as on the Xandros
     Applications Disc, so you get the equivalent of Xandros Standard
     Edition except that you can't write to DVD's or faster CD-ROMs

Knoppix 3.7 (1 disc)
   - with hardcopy cheat (install) codes and instructions for
     harddisk install

Mandrake 10.1 (3 discs)
   - I'll see if I can download and burn 10.2 in time ...

Fedora Core 3
   - haven't downloaded yet, will try to have by meeting

Novell Suse 9 Desktop Evaluation Kit (3 discs)

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA