[TriLUG] Sat. Installfest

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Mon Feb 28 23:07:50 EST 2005

true, this event was a bit of a rush job.  not much notice was given,
and that doesn't help turnout.  i plead guilty to not doing a better
job handling this.

typically, i'm pretty involved with the installfests, but due to an
extremely busy work schedule the last couple of months i simply haven't
had time to organize anything more substantial, nor was i able to
attend this event myself.  installfests require a substantial amount of
effort to put together (location, timing, hardware, servers, power
distribution, networking, media, volunteers, publicity, food, ...)
which has to be borne by *someone*.  so if you want a better
installfest, raise your hand and volunteer!  we can always use folks to
help arrange event space, prepare an installation server, burn install
media, assist with hardware and cabling setup and teardown, bring LCDs
to the event, or just tell other people about it to boost attendance.

thanks to those folks that did attend and help out.

jason