[TriLUG] Comments on "IBM Certified Used" equipment?

Matthew Lavigne matthew at shenandoahkennels.net
Tue Mar 1 15:24:21 EST 2005

When was the last time that you bought IBM equipment?  It has not be a
proprietary design in the last 6 yrs that I worked there.

Andrew,

I have a laptop that was "Certified Used" that has been up and working
with no issues (other then my wif tried to get it to drink 12 oz of iced
tea).

PS if you want the Employees Purchase Program email me off list.

Jesus M. Rodriguez wrote:
| Andrew,
|
| I've owned 3 IBM used computers in my life: IBM PS/2 57 SLC2, IBM
| PC-360 (Pentium Pro),
| and an IBM PC600GL (PII 400MHz).  The PII is my file server running
RHEL 4.
| The PS/2 actually still runs but it's basically a doormat.  The PC-360
| I gutted to build
| a standard ATX machine.
|
| So you shouldn't have any problems with the life a used IBM Machine.
Though