[TriLUG] OT: Earthlink Tech Support

Rock Roskam Rock.Roskam at sas.com
Wed Mar 2 12:50:24 EST 2005

 I can understand someone wanting to not support AOL customers.  I think the site is a little dated.  AOL 5.0 caused massive problems at ISP's and anyone else who wanted to setup an alternative dialup connection from Windows 98.  AOL actually changed the OS to default and only allow their dialup connection.  Hence the lawsuit.  At the time with tons of outstanding customer issues I would have relished being able to spotlight AOL like this.  I do not think pushing the problem to user would have helped anything.  My solution was to replace the specific AOL files with the original windows files and break AOL.  We had to let many customers know that their AOL access would no longer work.

Rock