[TriLUG] To 64 or 32 that is the question

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Thu Mar 3 18:56:15 EST 2005

Funny you should  bring that up....

As a part of our Linux eval at work we asked HP about how their servers
that sport the EM64T processors stack up and if it's worth the effort to
chase 64Bit binaries.

The short of it was that it would be for performance oriented systems,
big Databases, etc.  They said that the gains currently with the systems
out there didn't show more than a 10% or so gain except for a few cases.

Kevin

--
Kevin Flanagan <kevin at flanagannc.net>