[TriLUG] Linux Scanner Recommendations

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Fri Mar 4 11:31:13 EST 2005

I have an Epson Perfection 1640SU Office (or something very close to that)
which works just great. It's got a sheet feeder that works well, and both
SCSI and USB ports, both of which work fine. I use xsane for graphics and
scanimage for sheet feeding.  The epson driver works adequately, but Epson
has released its own (proprietary) driver for sane that works better,
called epkowa.

ap

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu