[TriLUG] Video Problems

Mark Freeze mfreeze at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 13:13:05 EST 2005

Has anyone had any problems installing Mandrake 10.0, or 10.1 (or any
Linux for that matter) on a machine with a Dell flat panel?  I am
trying to install MDK10.0 onto a Dell machine with a 19" flat panel
and every time the CD boots, the monitor eventually displays the text
"1. Analog mode: Could not display this input type."  I've tried
switching to digital mode but with no success.  It's not the monitor
or the system due to the fact that the machine runs M$ with no
problems.  The machine itself has both analog and digital outputs, and
is a P4 3.2G with 1GB RAM.

I'm at a total loss...  Anyone have any ideas I can try?

Thanks,
Mark.