[TriLUG] curl vs wget

Joshua Gitlin josh at glowfilms.com
Fri Mar 4 16:43:11 EST 2005

Dan,

Any proxy servers set up? Check the man page for curl under the
ENVIRONMENT section, maybe it is wrongly picking up a proxy server
there that's not working...? (I'm kinda stabbing in the dark here to
find an answer...)

No, on second thought, that wouldn't be it because curl would exit with
(5): Couldn't resolve proxy...

Is wget configured to use a proxy? Anything interesting in
/usr/local/etc/wgetrc, /etc/wgetrc, or ~/.wgetrc?

-Josh

Due to the recent increase in spam and falsely sent email, I now PGP
Sign all of my outgoing mail to prove my identity. This means that you
will see an attachment called "PGP.sig" with this message. This
attachment can be used to prove that I am who I say I am. If you are
not familiar with PGP, you can safely ignore it. For more information,
please visit http://www.pgp.com/ or http://www.gnupg.org/