[TriLUG] [tntug-announce] Triangle NT User Group meeting - 8 March 2005 - 6 PM

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Sat Mar 5 17:28:03 EST 2005

Since the Tuesday meeting is non-denominational and non-partisan, you are
all invited to participate.  I welcome any comments or criticism.

Triangle New Technology Users Group  - since 1995
http://www.tntug.org

Meeting Announcement

Date - 2nd Tuesday of the month

Time - from 6 PM until 7:30 PM

Speaker: Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Network, Inc. http://www.neuse.net

Topic: Everything You Wanted to Know about IT but were Afraid to Ask

A functional breakdown of what people do with PCs with examples of both
commercial and open source applications.  Management techniques include non
technical fixed and variable cost analysis and simplified engineering
methodology.

Credentials:
MCSE / NCSU E.E.
Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (member
since 1982) http://www.ieee.org
Past President, Triangle NT Users Group
Engineering background in breadth of disciplines including semiconductors,
electronic circuits and software development
Business background in 300 employee 50 year old family-owned service
establishment with offices in NC, SC and VA

Background:
Experience with PCs since their invention
1975 Woodberry Forest School - mainframe
1981 Gilbarco – 8080 embedded system
1982 NC State University – first used a PC
1985 NC State University – first used the Internet
1987 Engineering – Design and Services – first commercial use of PC
1988 Southern Building Maintenance – PC – first commercial deployment of PCs
1990 Rauland-Borg Corporation – first use of PC network
1994 first commercial job with a PC network
Started Neuse River Network in 1997

Note - meetings begin promptly at 6 PM. When pizza sponsors are available,
we will get a head count of those that wish to enjoy a pizza dinner and take
a dinner break when the pizza arrives. Folks that sign the attendance sheet
after we place the order should go to the back of the dinner line.

About
Our group has represented the local area group of the top tier of system
administrators and network engineers for the most highly-respected
businesses in this region since 1995.   Our membership is free to all
interested computer professionals; however, our membership is restricted
only to professionals (no hobbyists).  We request yet do not require that
the speaker’s company provide a pizza dinner for the group (attendance
ranges from 10-50 people from a total membership of 124).  The meeting
occurs on the second Tuesday of each month normally from 6-7:30 PM.  When a
pizza dinner is available, TNTUG will call in the order at 6 PM based on the
head count at that time unless other arrangements are made in advance.
Check our web site for any last minute changes.  Meetings are held at RTI
International in Research Triangle Park, NC at Dreyfus Auditorium.
http://www.rti.org

Directions to Meeting
http://www.tntug.org/directions.htm
RTI International's Dreyfus Auditorium

RTI Headquarters
3040 Cornwallis Road
Post Office Box 12194
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709-2194
Phone: 919-541-6000
Fax: 919-541-5985

List Administration
To move, add or change your email preferences, go to the following web sites
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TNTUG-announce  - announce list