[TriLUG] KSnapshot alternative?

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Mon Mar 7 10:42:35 EST 2005

Okay, so gimp wins..  but now I'm experiencing a new problem (read: I'm
doing something wrong, but don't know what the right way is):  The
window I'm capturing is a scroll pane, so I've had to grab three images
of it to get all of its content.  No problem.  The problem comes when I
try to hook the three images to each other.  I've expanded the canvas
size on the first image ("top"), but when I try to paste the second
image in ("middle"), it goes *behind* the transparent empty part of the
first, enlarged image.  So when I drag it downward to match up the ends,
it vanishes (as if I were dragging it off any of the other edges).  But
it's not being treated as a layer; i.e. I can't Image->Stack->Layer to
Top or anything like that.

I'm sure my explanation is lacking, but it's hard for me to explain any
more clearly..  Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks eversomuch more so,
~Brian