[TriLUG] safest way to revert to a previous package

John Berninger johnw at berningeronline.net
Wed Mar 9 10:45:55 EST 2005

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005, Blackburn, Marvin wrote:

> I have nfs-utils-1.0.6-33EL installed on a redhat AS3.0 server.
> This is causing some minor problems and I want to revert back to the
> previous version nfs-utils-1.0.6-31EL.  What is the safest way to do
> this?
Download the older package, "rpm -ihv --oldpackage <filename>" to
install it, "up2date -p" to update your RHN profile if you use RHN.

> I would expect some dependency issues to show up.
        There shouldn't be any unless there are errata version specific
dependencies that I'm unaware of.

--
John Berninger

GPG Key ID: A8C1D45C
        Fingerprint: B1BB 90CB 5314 3113 CF22  66AE 822D 42A8 A8C1 D45C

Ita erat quando hic adveni.