[TriLUG] Roll your own RSS reader

jonc at nc.rr.com jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Mar 9 13:37:00 EST 2005

I wrote a simple script to do some screen scraps of various sites and then post those to local news groups and email lists. In general this kind of app is a piece of cake to write. I'm sure some news sites must already support this.

I think WRAL has one that works via subscription (a certain monthly fee). I would be easy to setup you own scrap/send app to do the same for you - though getting the format setup properly for sms might take a lot of tweaking.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes