[TriLUG] pine -> thunderbird transition

John Beimler john at radiomind.com
Wed Mar 9 16:00:56 EST 2005

Andrew Perrin wrote:
> That didn't do it, which leads me to suspect/assume that pine folders
> aren't in mbox format.  Any conversion utilities y'all know about?

I've never used pine, but you caught my interest somehow. :)

I've now learned that pine uses MBX format which is one I've never tried.

Google helps report that there is a program named mbxcvt in the
imap-utils package that should help. I don't see that with some quick
apt-cache searching, but I'm guessing that has to do with something
tucked in non-free, since pine is defined as non-free software.

Good luck.

Peace.

john