[TriLUG] Matrox Video Card in Gentoo

Randall Barlow rpbarlow at eos.ncsu.edu
Thu Mar 10 23:55:02 EST 2005

Hi,

    So I finally got my hands on a spare PCI video card so I can do dual
monitors on my Gentoo system.  Well I got it working, kind of.  It's
running at some incredibly low resolution (320 x 200) despite the fact
that I've specified in the xorg.conf plenty of other resolutions.  I
didn't know what driver to put in the config file so I just used the
"vga" driver.  lspci gave me that the card is the Matrox "MGA 2164W
[Millennium II]", but I don't know what to do with this information when
it comes to what driver to specify in the config file.  Any
pointers/advice would be appreciated!

Randy Barlow