[TriLUG] Matrox Video Card in Gentoo

Randall Barlow rpbarlow at eos.ncsu.edu
Fri Mar 11 00:06:40 EST 2005

Well, here's a big never mind.  The driver that worked was "mga".  But I
do have another video anomaly...

    My primary video card is an older NVidia card (Riva TNT2 Model 64).
About 4 months ago or so I had a different install of Gentoo that later
crashed because I was an idiot and merged some config files upon
updating the system.  So I decided to go for a fresh install.  If I use
the "nv" driver, the system seems to work OK.  But if I got with the
recommended "nvidia" driver (which I was using previously with no
problem) the splash screen comes up as usual, but then stays up for a
long time.  When KDE finally loads, everything on the screen is really
messed up looking, and I can't tell where I'm clicking or anything.  Any
ideas?

Randy Barlow