[TriLUG] Cross compiling pain

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 10:57:10 EST 2005

If I remember correctly, you may need to specify the target architecture
as a separate argument on the command line (like this:...)

[...] ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --target=i686-pc-linux-gnu
i686-pc-linux-gnu

It's been a while since I've cross compiled something, though, so YMMV.

Oh, wait a sec... I might know what you need.  You're probably compiling
it with an x86_64 compiler.  For cross compiling to work, you'll need to use
an i686 (or i386) compiler.  Try setting CC to be i386-linux-gcc and see if
that works.

Good luck, and let us know what the resolution is.

Tanner