[TriLUG] Boot hangs when moving disk to another system

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Fri Mar 11 15:50:57 EST 2005

Speculation:
   I've seen instances where there are different packages for i686
(Intel) versus athlon (AMD).  It could be possible (couldn't it?) that
your kernel is expecting an athlon-specific instruction set that won't
work on an Intel machine.

This is purely uneducated speculation, though.  I trust someone will
jump up and holler if I am wrong. :-)

At any rate, my suggestion would be to try to find another AMD box to
try the drive in, if possible.

Cheers,
~Brian