[TriLUG] Thinkpad saga

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 16:11:34 EST 2005

Progress report.

I reinstalled FC3 with less "stuff"<tm>  I then did a yum update.

So far so good. I then spent until a few minutes ago figuring out how
to get madwifi correctly installed on FC3.  It took a bit of googling,
and I needed to manually move three .ko files to the proper place for
insmod/modprobe to find them.

I'm now up and running, although I've had to downgrade my wireless
system to use wep instead of wpa-psk (shhhh don't tell my neighbors).
I guess the next adventure is to try to figure out how to configure
wpa-supplicant so that I can go back to wpa before someone cracks my
key.