[TriLUG] scripting question

Chris Bullock cgbullock at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 16:34:05 EST 2005

I am trying to learn BSD and I really hate that it does not save my
history after I log out.  So I have tried to write a script that saves my
history and puts the file in my home dir. This is the script, I am using
the c shell.
----begin script---
#!/bin/csh
echo "coping history to myhistory"
history >> shhistory
exit
----end script---

when i run the script i get the "coping history to myhistory" but nothing
else.  only way i can get it to work is run history >> shhistory

I know this is a simple question but I can not figure this one out.
thanks