[TriLUG] Building a MythTV box...

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 22:44:54 EST 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, James Brigman wrote:
> Our own T. Lovelace has gotten a Pinnacle card working under Linux:
> http://wtl.wayfarer.org/bt848.php

Heh, I'd almost forgotten about that page.  Note that it's over four
years old now.  If I were to do it now, I'd highly recommend getting
one of the cards that converts directly to mpeg using the hardware.
I've had trouble with my PCTV card because it requires you to
route the sound into the sound card and the Audigy card I have
wouldn't properly mute the card when I wanted it to. (Probably
something I messed up on it.)  The hardware mpeg cards, though,
convert the sound directly into the mpeg stream and bypass the
soundcard.

Cheers,
Tanner
--