[TriLUG] javascript syntax

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Mon Mar 21 03:52:19 EST 2005

William Sutton wrote:

>I spent a little time on this this afternoon.  If you
>document.write(eval(temp)) then things parse out as html...unfortunately
>you then lose the ability to dynamically update things.  It's been a while
>since I looked at these things (that is, randomized or sequential
>javascript marquees), but my recollection has been that I never found one
>I liked for various reasons and that Java applets always seemed to be the
>way to go....

i'm not in bed with javascript and would be happy to try java applet if
anyone has some sample code they want to send my way.  seems like a
carriage return line feed is simple enough of a feature.  too bad it
doesn't work.  why javascript parses the text strings correctly with \"
and not with \n, i'll never know.  the whole script has html tags around
it.  it is the stuff in the middle with the text that is a royal booger.