[TriLUG] mythtv ramblings

James Brigman jbrigman at nc.rr.com
Mon Mar 21 21:31:28 EST 2005

Quick note about the PVR-500: Minky's right about the single input on
the PVR-500. I grabbed my card to take a look and was surprised: the
PVR-500 DOES have the FM tuner built in! Here are the connections, top
to bottom:

FM Radio (coax F-connector)
NTSC Vid In (coax F-connector)
S-Video In (Polarized 4-pin DIN)
Composite In (Yellow RCA)
Audio Left Input (White RCA)
Audio Right Input (Red RCA)

The PVR 150 and 500 are the newer cards and feature the Conexant MPEG II
A/V encoder, Part #CX23416-12, and what looks like a big RAM buffer.

The 500 I got is an OEM "MCE"  model. They don't come with a remote
control, they are meant for use with the one that comes with WinXP Media
Edition.

I have lust for the Lascala boxes. They are nice. DO THEY TAKE STANDARD
ATX POWER SUPPLIES?

JKB