[TriLUG] Work for Hire (Was: [GoLugTech] legal question)

Marc M linuxr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 11:20:16 EST 2005

The contract I am looking at specifies 'work product' as the whole
thing that I am working for.  IOW the consulting company owns
everything that I do for the customer.  And they are trying to own a
heck of a lot more than that but not if I have anything to do with it!

Actually as a 1099 contractor the arrangement is MUCH better than W-2.
With the W-2 it looks like indentured servitude ad infinitum.  I will
try to post the 'work product' clause if I get time.

Marc