[TriLUG] htaccess

Steve Hoffman srhoffman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 17:17:01 EST 2005

Looking for a php pro out there...I basically am trying to mimic
htaccess authentication on our server, but I want to use a custom
login page...not the popup window.  I can do the whole process myself,
take a username/password pair, encrypt the password and compare it to
the encrypted password in .htpasswd, but the problem is, the program
I'm trying to access, doesn't recognize this as valid authentication.

It's actually awstats...that I only want authenticated access
(yeah...we got hacked, upgrade if you haven't!!!!) but I have many
(~300) users from different domains that need to auth.  The problem is
I don't know what flag to set saying that they have passed or if I can
even do that.

I don't mind redoing the method, but the requirement is that the login
page needs to be customized to each customers website so that's why
the popup won't work.

Thanks as always!
Steve