[TriLUG] Kickstart eject CD when done

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 23:56:55 EST 2005

In my discoveries, trials, tribulations and results of all the
kickstart learning I did last month, I found that there is NO simple
way, if ANY way to eject the CDROM in the %post area of the kickstart.
 I found some crazy wacky things through a few random google hits, but
they were so wacky and so far beyond me, I didn't even bother.  The
concensus I seem to be getting from folks I consider quite
knowledgable is, it can't be done.  Now, I'd say that's a limitation I
didn't want to accept, but, after you get past a very early stage in
the installation, say, after your NFS install has begun, you can go
ahead and eject the disc then, which basically means, just deal...
*shrugs*  :)  I wish it were otherwise!!

good luck, and if you do find a simple solution, please let me know!  :)

laters,
David McD