[TriLUG] fedora core 3 permishions

Merle Watts elremx2 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 25 01:30:09 EST 2005

Help

im trying to set up an http server.

i have the server all set up and working the way it should, i can view my index.html

however, i had to manually set the permisions to the file. i had to change the group to apache and set read and execute privilages for that group on the file.

this will turn to a big problem when i place my 800 meg worth of pictures and files into this folder.

is there a way to set it so that every file in this folder, the var/www/html, is set to the appache group with read and execute turned on?

I did not have this problem when I was using mandrake.

thanks
jsn

04  VN750 (Sold and gone) :(
NCVulcan  #1-13-244A-750A20