[TriLUG] trilug mirror or ftp site on?

Liyun Yu yu at radonc.unc.edu
Fri Mar 25 13:25:25 EST 2005

Tanner Lovelace wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:55:27 -0500, Aaron S. Joyner <aaron at joyner.ws> wrote:
>

>>Liyun Yu wrote:
>>

>>>Are these sites still available to members?
>>>

>>>    http://mirrors.trilug.org/     ftp.trilug.org
>>>ftp://ftp.trilug.org/
>>>
>>>I tried without success this morning - get operation timed out.
>>>Thanks,
>>>-- Lyun
>>>

>>Due to previous lack of interest, the mirrors are presently
>>unavailable.  If enough clamor arises they might be brought back to
>>life, but as you're the first person I've heard ask about them since
>>they were taken out of service months ago, I don't foresee their return
>>in the immediate future.
>>

>As Aaron says, they were taken out of service quite a while ago
>(I don't remember exactly, but it was probably on the order of
>8-10 months ago).  But, it wasn't quite lack of interest (which was
>part of it but not the biggest thing), but rather that we don't
>really have the bandwidth to be hosting mirrors.  We only have
>1MB of bandwidth, which is more than enough for everything
>else we do, but for mirrors, it really isn't enough, especially
>when there are much better mirrors available.  For you, Liyun,
>I'd suggest trying ibiblio.org since that's hosted on campus
>at UNC.

Many thanks to Aaron and Tanner for a quick response. I appreciate it.

I was trying to check with Trilug mirror site to see if we have the 6CD
version
of mandrake for trilug members. I did get the 3CD release from ibiblio.org
riding on the cool gig network links at UNC.  Why bother Trilug?  I was
testing
mandrake 10.1 on VMware and it was asking for CD4. I thought Trilug might
have it.  No problem. I will get an official full pkg if I need it later.

Thanks,

Liyun