[TriLUG] trilug mirror or ftp site on?

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Sat Mar 26 13:17:58 EST 2005

On 25-Mar-2005 13:25 EST, Liyun Yu <yu at radonc.unc.edu> wrote:
> Many thanks to Aaron and Tanner for a quick response. I appreciate it.
>
> I was trying to check with Trilug mirror site to see if we have the 6CD
> version of mandrake for trilug members. I did get the 3CD release from
> ibiblio.org riding on the cool gig network links at UNC.  Why bother
> Trilug?  I was testing mandrake 10.1 on VMware and it was asking for CD4.
> I thought Trilug might have it.  No problem. I will get an official full
> pkg if I need it later.
>
> Thanks,
> Liyun

I too have problems getting stuff off of the iBiblio mirrors -- too slow
and it seems to hours restricting.  For those on campus though (I am not
student or staff...), their internal bandwidth should be great.

However, there are a number of nearby mirrors with a high enough throughput
to get the whole set: LinuxQuestions.org > ISOs (http://iso.linuxquestions.org/)
not only will point you to their own mirrors, but provide a list of others as
well.  For example, you can get a list for Mandrake 10.1 at:

http://iso.linuxquestions.org/version.php?version=98

If you want the latest Fedora Core:

http://iso.linuxquestions.org/distro.php?distro=2

Please note that I have downloaded the full Mandrake 10.1 set for burning
for the TriLUG table at RARSfest.  If you would like a set, email me off-line
to make arrangements.  (I wanted to have the latest Fedora Core, Mandrake
and SuSE available at the hamfest for burning on demand if anybody asks.)

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA