[TriLUG] OT: maps.google.com satellite maps

John Franklin franklin at elfie.org
Tue Apr 5 20:44:23 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 08:35 -0400, Ian Kilgore wrote:
> here goes a close up of the border between the weird blob-things.. the
> brown spots appear to be where their sattelite got photos, zooming in on
> a greenish area gives a "sorry, we dont have an image for that."  Still,
> zoomed out a bit, it looks pretty weird =/

For some places there exist high resolution imagery, some places have
low resolution imagery.  Blacksburg [1] has low.  Carrboro [2] has very
high resolution.  Check out keyhole [3] and try zooming about [4].

[1] http://maps.google.com/maps?q=blacksburg,va&spn=0.075102,0.076389&t=k&hl=en
[2] http://maps.google.com/maps?q=carrboro,nc&ll=35.911163,-79.075320&spn=0.009388,0.009549&t=k&hl=en
[3] http://keyhole.com/
[4] http://keyhole.com/body.php?c=popup&h=home&t=faqHome#seeMyHouse