[TriLUG] Midnight Commander through PuTTY

Jeff Groves jgroves at krenim.org
Wed Apr 6 03:23:32 EDT 2005

I don't know whether it's because I just upgraded to PuTTy 0.58 that was
just announced today, but I just installed and ran mc from my FC2
machine and the lines look great.

In my putty config, I have the following under the "Window |
Translation" section:

"Received data assumed to be in which character set:" ISO-8859-1:1998
(Latin-1, West Europe) and "Adjust how PuTTY handles line drawing
characters" "Handling of line drawing characters:" "Use Unicode line
drawing code points"

There are quite a few other settings that might also influence this, so
your mileage may vary.

Jeff G.

--
Jeff Groves